Why worry? We have you coveredWe appreciate that renting a vehicle can sometimes be a confusing experience, especially when it comes to cover. So Avis offers a comprehensive protection package to complete peace of mind, to make sure you are fully protected.
The Basic Cover includes third party liability insurance as well as vehicle damage cover and theft protection with an excess. In most countries, the excess can be reduced or waived by means of an additional charge (Super Cover). Conditions of insurances available in Hungary vary by country, so you’re asked to please check local conditions at time of booking.
You can see below all coverage options available in Hungary and the valid excess amounts in downloadable pdf file at the bottom of this page. For further information please see our terms and conditions, or please ask for information from an Avis agent when you pick up the car.
Basic cover at no extra costIn Hungary rental fee includes liability insurance and – if different conditions are not indicated – basic coverage against breakage and theft, non-reimbursable excess applied.
Liability Insurance (LI)
The legally required insurance where injury or damage is caused to other people or other people’s property.
Cover includes liability to passengers within the vehicle. Liability insurance does not include:
- theft or attempted theft of the vehicle
- damage to the rental vehicle
- theft of personal belongings from the vehicle
- death or injury of the driver
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
Cover for accidental damage of Avis vehicle. Doesn’t cover damages of tires, wheels, antenna, any failure caused by use of improper fuel, and any other damages of interior. In case of insurance is not accepted by renter, renter has full financial liability for breakage caused by renter covered entire repairing costs.
Theft Protection (TP)
Cover for the theft or attempted theft of the vehicle. In case of theft or a write-off, Renter is liable to pay 10% of the gross purchase price of the Vehicle on the basis of the purchase invoice. In case of insurance is not accepted by renter, renter has full financial liability for theft covered entire repairing costs.
Renter shall be held financially liable for all damages resulting from not following the below practice up to the full value of the damage sustained: renter shall protect the vehicle in his or her care and use by every available means against theft, that is if the vehicle is not in use, it shall be locked, nothing valuable shall be left in the vehicle, the vehicle shall be parked possibly in a guarded or closed area, and renter shall take due care when leaving the vehicle.
Optional protection servicesSuper Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW)
The excess – renter’s financial liability – can be reduced with 50% or to 0 HUF with Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW) in case of breakage. Doesn’t cover damages of tires, wheels, antenna, any failure caused by use of improper fuel, and any other damages of interior. Full liability redemption fee is 17.78 EUR/day (VAT included), and maximum 15 days are charged per month (in case of long-term rentals per 30 days).
Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)
Personal Accident Insurance is valid, if contracted:
- to the rental period defined in rental agreement,
- to stay and to get in and out of the vehicle, without territorial restrictions,
- to all passengers of rented vehicle, if number of passengers didn’t exceed the permitted number according to the registration book at date of accident.
The insurance is not valid, if the consequence of a personal injury caused by a road accident is an insurance event, which is due to a nuclear, biological or chemical terrorist act or related with these.
Insurance fee is 6.35 EUR/day (VAT included), and maximum 30 days are charged (in case of long-term rentals: per month). Amount of insurance by name of risks:
- death due to car accidents: 5.000.000 HUF (ca. 16667 EUR*)
- permanent disability (1-100%) caused by a road accident: 5.000.000 HUF (ca. 16667 EUR*)
- medium surgical interventions caused by road accidents: 300.000 HUF (ca. 1000 EUR*)
- major surgical interventions caused by road accidents: 1.000.000 HUF (ca. 3333 EUR*)
- bone fractures caused by road accidents: 100.000 HUF (ca. 333 EUR*)
- transient injuries caused by road accidents: 100.000 HUF (ca. 333 EUR*)
- other expenses (baggage only) caused by road accidents: 100.000 HUF (ca. 333 EUR*)
* 300 HUF/EUR, may vary depending on current exchange rate