Entry rules of entry for foreigners (updated)
IN SHORT, the business travel is allowed.
- A certificate is required for exemption, click here to download (source: mtu.gov.hu). It is important that travellers pay attention to the full fulfilment of these conditions.
Given the international pandemic situation, new rules of entry came into effect in Hungary at the beginning of September, which are summarised below.
From 1 September a non-Hungarian citizen is not permitted to enter the territory of Hungary for tourism purposes.
V4 countries are subject to less strict rules. Czech, Polish and Slovak tourists who have booked their accommodations in Hungary earlier may enter the country with a negative test–not older than five days—, while Hungarians who have booked their accommodations in one of the V4 countries earlier will only need a single negative test after their return home.
Non-Hungarian citizens may enter the territory of Hungary in exceptional cases only; exemptions may only be granted by the relevant policy authority according to the place of entry, in the case of border crossing at Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport, the BRFK XVIII District Police Headquarters.
The police authority may authorise entry if the applicant proves that the purpose of entry is:
1) participation in a procedural act related to court or official proceedings in Hungary, certified by a document issued by a Hungarian court or authority,
2) business or other work justified by a letter of invitation from a central government administrative body, an independent regulatory body, or an autonomous public administration body,
3) use of health care with a referral from a health care institution or other appropriate certificate,
4) fulfillment of a study or examination obligation existing on the basis of a student or pupil status, if this is certified by a certificate issued by the educational institution,
5) travel in passenger transport in connection with work related to a transport activity, with the aim of arriving at the place where the transport task commences (place of commencement of work), or returning home from the completion of such a task, if evidence by a certificate issued by the employer,
6) participation in family events (marriage, baptism, funeral),
7) caring for a relative in accordance with Act V of 2013 of the Civil Code,
8) participation in sporting, cultural and church events of international significance,
9) or other justifiable reason.
The application and the appeal can only be submitted electronically, in Hungarian or English through the electronic forms created for this purpose. The original copy of the submitted document must be presented upon entering the territory of Hungary.
The passenger may undergo a medical examination upon entering Hungary. If the health examination reveals suspicion of infection, the person concerned must be refused entry to the territory of Hungary. If infection is not suspected,, the person concerned shall be placed in a quarantine facility designated by the competent epidemiological authority or official home quarantine for 14 days. Exemption from this can be secured with the provision of two negative tests carried out in accordance with health professional rules within 5 days and at least 48 hours apart.
The rules above are expected to remain in force for one month.
Foreign PCR test is also accepted by the authorities
In case of entry into Hungary, a PCR test performed in a Schengen Member State on one occasion is recognised as equivalent to the domestic test. Pursuant to Government Decree No. 422/2020 (IX. 4.) effective from on 5 September, in addition to the countries belonging to the Schengen Area, the SARS-CoV-2 PCR test performed in the United States of America and Canada will also be accepted, the results of which must be certified by the person concerned with a relevant document in Hungarian or English.
It is recommended that the non-Hungarian citizens arriving in Hungary with valid booking contact the travel organiser. The accommodation establishments and service providers in Hungary are being flexible.
We apologise sincerely for the inconvenience, but right now the protection of health and human life must come first. Stricter measures are currently needed so that we can welcome our guests safely and freely as soon as possible.
Business travel is allowed
In order to ensure the smooth operation of the Hungarian economy, from 5 September the Government allows unrestricted entry from abroad for business purposes. The Government Decree specifies the following provisions concerning travel for business and economic purposes.
Government Decree No. 408/2020 (VIII. 30.) Is supplemented by the following subheading:
“Section 6/A. Provisions relating to travel for business and economic purposes
Section 10 / A (1) If the purpose of departure from Hungary is an activity for business or economic purposes, the fact of which is proved by the Hungarian citizen upon his return to Hungary, the Hungarian citizen may enter the territory of Hungary without restriction after the departure. (...)
Section 10 / B. (1) If entry into Hungary is an activity for business or economic purposes, the fact of which is proved by the non-Hungarian citizen upon entry into the territory of Hungary, he may enter the territory of Hungary without restriction.”
Avis Hungary offers 2 cars to Hungary Ambulance
Support them to be able to help!
In recognition of their exemplary standing in the epidemic situation, in order to support their work, Avis Hungary offers 2 cars to Hungary Ambulance (OMSZ).
Thank you for your persistent work on behalf of the whole country!
Health and safety measures
The safety of our valued customers in all our service processes is our number one priority. As the coronavirus has already reached Hungary, every Avis car is now completely disinfected before renting for the sake of the health and safety of our customers.
For the cleaning, we use strong virus, bacterial and fungicides purchased for this purpose. Our staff disinfect the most frequently affected surfaces: the steering wheel, the outside and inside handles, the transmission, the handbrake and the buttons on the dashboard.
In addition, we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our employees. This includes instructing employees who feel the symptoms of coronavirus infection to stay home and consult their healthcare providers. We are also urging all employees to be compliance with strict hygiene rules.