We appreciate that renting a vehicle can sometimes be a confusing experience, especially when it comes to cover. So Avis offers a comprehensive protection package to complete peace of mind, to make sure you are fully protected.
|Insurances available in Hungary*||What is covered?||What is not covered?|
|Motor Liability Insurance|
Also known as:
Third Party Cover (TPC), Legal Liability Insurance
|The legally required insurance where injury or damage is caused to other people or other people’s property. Cover includes liability to passengers within the vehicle.||
- Theft or attempted theft of the vehicle
- Damage to the rental vehicle
- Theft of personal belongings from the vehicle
- Death or injury of the driver
|Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)|
Also known as:
(a) Vehicle Damage Cover (VDC)
(b) Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) in Australia, New Zealand, United States and Canada
|Cover for accidental damage of Avis vehicle. |
The non-reimbursable excess is:
In case of insurance is not accepted by renter, renter has full financial liability for breakage caused by renter covered entire repairing costs.
- in case of domestic corporate rentals - if different conditions are not indicated in corporate agreement - 10%, but minimum 75.000 HUF/damage,
- in other cases the exact amount is displayed at online reservation in excess spreadsheet (by categories, in EUR).
- Damages of tires, wheels, antenna, any failure caused by use of improper fuel, and any other damages of interior aren’t covered.
|Theft Protection (TP)|
Also known as:
Vehicle Theft Cover (VTC)
|Cover for the theft or attempted theft of the vehicle. |
In case of theft or a write-off, Renter is liable to pay 10% of the gross purchase price of the Vehicle on the basis of the purchase invoice.
In case of insurance is not accepted by renter, renter has full financial liability for theft covered entire repairing costs.
- Renter shall be held financially liable for all damages resulting from not following the below practice up to the full value of the damage sustained.
- Renter shall protect the Vehicle in his or her care and use by every available means against theft, that is if the Vehicle is not in use, it shall be locked, nothing valuable shall be left in the Vehicle, the Vehicle shall be parked possibly in a guarded or closed area, and Renter shall take due care when leaving the Vehicle.
|Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)||The insurance is valid, if contracted:
It is worth checking if you are already covered for any of this by your travel insurance. In some countries PAI also covers baggage.
- to all passengers of rented vehicle
- to the rental period defined in rental agreement
- to stay and to get in and out of the vehicle, without territorial restrictions
- If number of passengers exceeded the permitted number according to the registration book at date of accident
|Super CDW (SCDW)||The excess – renter’s financial liability – can be reduced to 0 HUF with Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW) in case of breakage.||
|Other insurances worldwide||What is covered?||What is not covered?|
|Super TP (STP)|
Super PAI (SPAI)
|Cover options are available at a higher premium in a number of countries and provide increased cover.||
- Exclusions as per TP and PAI
|Personal Effects Protection (PEP)||Insures the personal belongings of the renter and the immediate family members who are traveling with the renter.||
- Items must be for personal use and not used in business.
|Additional Liability Insurance (ALI)|
United States only
|Insures against claims made by third parties for bodily injury, death and property damage caused by an Avis vehicle up to US$ 1,000,000.|