Rental tariff & conditions - Alfa Romeo 4C
Addendum to the General Rental Terms and Conditions for the rental terms of vehicle Alfa Romeo 4C
As the exclusive Hungarian representative of Avis AUTO ReFAIRent Kft. adds the following terms to its General Rental Terms and Conditions for the rent of the vehicle Alfa Romeo 4C, due to the special character and high value of the vehicle.
1. The vehicle may be driven by the Renter or any other person designated by the Renter who has a valid driving license for at least 5 years and who is over 30 years of age at the time of the start of the rent.
2. In case of booking the vehicle Lessor will block a caution amount of EUR 170 (that is, one hundred and seventy Euros) on Renter’s bank card (but Lessor makes it possible to pay this caution by bank transfer, too). Lessor considers booking completed by when the amount of the above-mentioned caution has been blocked on Renter’s bank card. Booking shall always be done 7-21 days before the beginning of the period of the rent when Renter shall personally conclude the rental contract in accordance with paragraph 4. If Renter cancels the boking at least 7 days before the beginning of the rent then the block of caution will be removed. In case of failing to cancel the rent in time Lessor is entitled to keep the full amount of the caution. The same applies when Renter fails to take over the vehicle and fails to inform Lessor in time.
3. Lessor queues the booking requests but can only fulfil the bookings if the vehicle can be rented at the given period. Rent may be prevented by damages to the vehicle or any technical problem which makes the rent impossible. In case of such failure to complete the rent no claims may be made against Lessor. In such cases when a caution was paid for the rent the amount of such caution shall be returned to Renter. Lessor does not pay interest or costs after the caution.
4. The vehicle may only be taken over and returned by Renter personally at Lessor’s premises in the Budapest downtown during its opening hours. Conditions to handing over the car to Renter: valid and confirmed order, agreement on the payment terms, conclusion of a rental contract and the present addendum to the contract, and the provision of two embossed bank cards to Renter’s name on one of which a caution of EUR 3,400, that is, three thousand and four hundred Euros shall be blocked. Lessor is entitled to deduce from the amount of the blocked caution the amount of the rental fee, the insurance excess in case of damages caused by Renter, any penalty equal to the surplus rental fee etc.
5. With this addendum to the contract Lessor intends to call attention to the circumstances due to the vehicle’s uniqueness, for example the consequences of speeding, participating in car sport events or car racing, the obligation to pay damages to the vehicle caused by Renter, the minimum amount of insurance excess (EUR 840, that is, eight hundred and forty Euros) and other payment obligations. Lessor reserves the right to modify the amount of the insurance excess on the basis of the actual repair costs of the vehicle. By signing the addendum to the contract Renter undertakes extra responsibility over the terms of the General Rental Terms and Conditions for the use of the vehicle. According to the terms of the insurance excess Renter shall, in case of an accident caused by him/her, pay 50 percent of the rental fee due until the end of the rental period as penalty. In addition to the repairs of the damages to the vehicle’s interior Renter has a further payment obligation – if the Insurer does not pay – of paying three days’ rent as penalty. If Renter by irregular use significantly damages the vehicle’s tires or brake system Lessor is entitled to charge the repairs thereof. If necessary Lessor will obtain a forensic expert’s opinion to determine all such wear. In case of a flat tire Renter shall request help by phone at (+36) 20 473 1700; the repairing or replacement costs of the tire shall be borne by Renter. In case of damages caused by Renter intentionally Lessor reserves the right to claim full compensation (including the reimbursement of lost profits).
6. In case of the vehicle’s fault or damages to it Renter shall request help by phone at (+36) 20 473 1700; only Lessor has the right to have the vehicle repaired or have any of its parts replaced.
7. Lessor cannot provide a replacement car in case of breakage or technical fault and Renter is not entitled to request a reduction of the rent on this basis.
8. Outside Hungary Renter may only use the vehicle with Lessor’s express permission and only within the limits of the Schengen Area.
9. The vehicle is photographed at the time of its taking over and its returning and these photographs form the basis for the final settlement with Renter.
10. The vehicle has a movement tracking device installed in it.
Parties have read and understood the present addendum to the contract and signed it as one fully meeting their intentions. Renter declares that he or she has understood the present addendum to the contract and the General Rental Terms and Conditions and undertakes to be bound by them. For all matters not dealt with in the addendum to the contract Lessor’s GRTC and the regulations of the Civil Code of Law shall apply.
Downloadable pdf file: